Friday, March 14, 2008

Nahaha blogz on teh interwebz: oh oh kurb 50/50 is coming

> Alright!

Nothing like a new proposition to get me excited!!!

I will probably be using the plasticast to launchpad kurb 50/50,

AND I’m working on a script for my first “VIRAL” video.

but mean times . . .

I got 8 RSS subscribers to my blog on the first day!!!! 1000 true fans people, I’m .8% of the way there!!!

And I’ve had 157 hits on my myspace blog alone today. Thats like . . . I’ve made Fox News Corp. $3 just off my blog already today.

KURB PROMOTIONS IS NOW ON RSS!!!

Press the button . . . Get Kurb blog posts direct!!!!

..Subscribe in a reader....

RSS is “really simple syndication”

what does that mean? It means your favourite websites come to you.

Blogging and RSS go hand in hand. These are the habits of web 2.0. You don’t need to look for information when trusted sources have been given permission to bring it to you.

So when you click the button to get the kurb RSS feed from my blog, you can either add it to your existing reader if you know what you’re doing, or you can take this opportunity to update yourself on some really awesome technology, just like when you got your first email account!!!

FROM NOW, THIS IS A MAJOR TECHNIQUE FOR MAINTAINING YOUR CORE FANBASE THROUGH YOUR BLOG.

HERE’S A COMMENT I MADE RECENTLY WARMING UP FOR KURB 50/50:

part of the new model though I think is breaking an artist over the period of 2-3 years to establishing digital revenue from a strong brand/asset value.

I’m just trying to develop some new kind of contract - charging monthly fees protects and rewards my effort, but at the same time - closes off so many opportunities to work with artists who cant buy into a proposition where they have to pay me a monthly retainer and wait and hope for the future to arrive.

My experience is mainly of artists running out of steam and resources after a few months, and also dealing with established labels who’s experience is 6 weeks of hype and then you drop the album.

That doesn’t work any more. Content is going to hit, dip and then parabola back up the tail with solid web 2.0 promotion.

Really it does require a lot of faith. But at the same time I’m not too keen on long term contracts, or being in a position of having to force an artist to maintain their commitment.

So it’s really about creating a new, dynamic proposition.

50/50 WILL BE AVAILABLE STRICTLY TO AUCKLAND // NORTH OF THE NORHT ISLAND BASED ARTISTS INITIALLY

Standby announcements should start rolling next week.

WEB USE IN NEW ZEALAND: BROAD BAND

I was blown away!!!! SURE 82% of New Zealanders USE the net which is the second highest in the world after Iceland (which definitely a “creative economy”) BUT . . .

Only 20% have a broadband connection

and 15% have Dial up.

Obviously one broadband wifi connection can serve a whole household.

But still!!!

What does this mean for musicians??? Exactly what I’ve been saying. Nothing much maybe happening NOW but the HEADROOM on this thing is MASSIVE.

I’m excited again. In 2 years I see myself working with bands and creative content providers and everyone making money.

You’ll be happy because you don’t have to jump through a hundred hoops just to earn a buck from your work. You just make stuff and get paid. I’ll be happy because I’ll be making lots of money.

The number of broadband subscribers has overtaken dial-up subscribers for the first time, a Statistics NZ survey shows.

InternetNZ executive director Keith Davidson said it was obvious people wanted faster Internet but the broadband offerings in New Zealand were deficient.

“Many of the broadband offerings we have today are still not up to scratch and New Zealand has a long way to go to claim real broadband.”

SNZ’s six-monthly ISP Survey for September 2007, released last week, shows broadband subscribers increased by 14.4 per cent and dial-up subscribers fell by 8.6 per cent.

“Dial-up is no longer adequate for accessing some of the most useful content and services on the Internet - it just isn’t fast enough,” said Davidson.

Broadband subscribers continued to increase – up 14.4 percent in the six months to September 2007, to reach 829,300. However, this growth rate has slowed from an increase of 28.6 percent in September 2006 and 18.5 percent in March 2007.

Subscribers with dial-up connection fell 8.6 percent from March 2007, down to 675,800.

The number of broadband subscribers grew from 9 per 100 inhabitants to 19.6 per 100 inhabitants in the two years ended September 2007, while the number of dial-up subscribers per 100 inhabitants fell from 21.2 to 15.9.

No comments: