Wednesday, March 26, 2008

March 08 online music promotion update: packages almost full

March online music promotion round up: packages almost full


So digital coaching packages have been filling up quite nicely so you have to get in there. There are 3 spots left and there are 3 people who are interested.


Unlike last year I will be implementing a waiting list and I will put up my prices if I have to keep demand under control because that’s business.


What it means for 50 / 50:

The more people I have paying me, the higher standard ill expect from my 50/50 artists.

what about the plasticast?

Honestly, we’ll have to see. My paying clients come first.


BLOGS COMING UP:

The word on Life after Myspace – where to now?
Lets update and get real about myspace.

The geeks shall inherit the earth? Flee your labels, the geeks are coming!!!
How geeks will destroy and rebuild the music industry




And . . .

I love my competition:

“The internet is undeniably the most valuable tool for the modern musician and any musician not utilizing this technology to promote their music is basically a "caveman musician
Not having your presence felt on the internet is another way of saying you do not want to be discovered.
We work hard to provide you with this internet promotion services and softwares and this is a package included for all our clients to enjoy.”

I love that - “caveman musician” haha funny.

For the first time I’ve found some guys doing what I’m doing who aren’t rip offs. They are talking a whole lot of crap but at least theyre not over charging for what theyre doing.


Now I can’t share ALL my secrets but I will be outsourcing some stuff to these guys so I can provide better all over service. I would not really recommend any artist deal with them directly anyway because not only do I know the basis of their outrageous promises, it is about 90% likely these guys are in India or POSSIBLY China.

Now these guys have got their technical stuff – their “tools” down but when it comes to building real strategies I wouldn’t rely blindly on guys who have probably never been out of India or China to understand the subtleties of promoting your music or finding your audience.

That’s why a lot of this stuff has to be supervised and a lot of the tools they offer have to be deployed in a sensitive way. That’s what I do.

TIDBITS


• The New York Post reported today Sony BMG and Warner Music Group are both near deals with MySpace for its new music site. One source said, "Everybody's operating with a sense of urgency to try to close it out." Major music companies are taking an equity stakes in MySpace Music and will share in the advertising revenue. Expect both ad-supported streams and paid downloads at the site. (New York Post)


• Bands and labels beef up the extra content to prop up CD sales. "It's not enough to go and record 10 tracks and call it an album and call it a day. There has to be live content, B-sides, covers, EPK footage, web shorts, videos, podcasts, audiocasts, videocasts, you name it - everything and anything under the sun."(The Canadian Press)

Guy Hands, ceo of Terra Firma and chairman of EMI: "What we are saying to artists is: The current model is broken. Unless we find a new model, new music is dead."


We? There’s no WE Guy.


Kurb is a media promotions company providing a regular blog on digital music promotion, marketing digital content and creating revenue from new media online. Kurb also provides online promotion and revenue management services for musicians and artists internationally And the best value fast turnover physical media services in New Zealand including CD / DVD printing and duplication and poster services.



http://www.kurb.co.nz/
http://www.myspace.com/kurbpromo
http://www.youtube.com/user/kurbpromo -
http://kurbpromotion.wordpress.com/
http://kurbpromotion.blogspot.com/
http://www.squidoo.com/kurb



All the best with your project, from Kurb
For direct enquiries get us on gmail as kurbpromo



DIGITAL COACHING AND ONLINE MANAGEMENT STARTS @ $NZ200 P/MONTH P/ACT

No comments: