Tuesday, May 27, 2008

twitbits: is tweeting on twitter for twits?

Hey yo, it's matt from Kurb.

been having some nightmares with the website recently. All sorted now but have taken a mad hit on google.

Living 3 pages down at the moment.

Ouch! This could test my mettle as a marketer for sure.


http://www.kurb.co.nz
http://www.cd-dvd-duplication.co.nz
http://www.kurbartistmanagement.info
http://www.aucklandposters.info


Gonna have the new concept for Kurb online promotion services rolling out soon.

Basically im on a mission now to provide everything for any musician anywhere in the world. Yup, even that job I wont touch - booking gigs!

Basically you're going to have access to a whole lot of top internet resources, info and tools looking at a price of about $50 p/month.

Then on top of that you're going to have access to a whole bunch of awesome secret cutting edge promotion services and expert assistance and implementation support at a level of $100 p/month

And at the final level of $200 which is what my clients have had to pay now, they're going to get priority access to all this new stuff, PLUS of course regular one on one strategy consultations with me personally, tweaking and developing.

Then in 2009 developing a total virtual management package priced about $400 p/month so we can offer comprehensive management services to anyone in the world. Yup, including bookings!!!


You'll be hearing much more detail soon, looking to go to beta in August!!!!


TWITTER

I must admit I was feeling as if Twitter was a bit dumb too.

But all my friends used to tell me 2005 that

"myspace is dumb"

"oh, I REFUSE to join myspace!"

They soon changed their minds.

It doesn't negate the fact that twitter is hot right now and if you remember my golden rule of social music promotion - that is, go where the people go - you'll be on twitter soon enough too.



From http://www.courtneytuttle.com

"All I see on twitter is an odd hybrid of a forum and a blog, except nothing meaningful is being said. And I mean nothing. So far as I can tell twitter is something the A List bloggers are promoting as a way to get their groupies to follow them around all day, begging for a shred of acknowledgment with some sort of “@joeshmoe” response to a….tweet (again, am I saying that right?).

Talk about a colossal waste of time. Be warned, there are those that are saying twitter is great for connectivity and getting information in real time."

Yup, web geeks LOVE twitter.

And it is all those big name bloggers crowing about twitter because it does have a bit of an indulgent side to it.

Sure you read my stuff because you want to learn about forwad looking music promotion.

You dont need to know that I might get a DVD out now I can watch while I pack these 120 christian personal development dvd sets I have to pack.

But I guess if you were my "IRL" (in real life) friend, I might love a suggestion!


Maybe next year it'll blow over. Or it'll just stay a geek thing.

But what if it doesn't?

As your online music promotion consultant I don't think that's a risk you want to take.


Just before I posted this blog I stopped by my Twitter account.

My call has always been that if you're a homebody like me and don't get out of the house much, spending days at a time online planted at the consul, nose to the grindstone, Twitter isn't going to bring your communication efficiency forward in leaps and bounds.

If you're a heavy touring artist or highly performance based or one of those highly mobile, highly networked individuals of which I know plenty, the access and simplicity that Twitter allows could be genuinely useful.

Even I'm attracted to the fact I can have my twitter app up on all my many myspaces, blogs, my facebook, crusty old profiles I never update manually and I cut down my update maintenance time from about half an hour to 5 minutes.

you can "follow" me as: MattNZ

As I just stopped by at my new account been getting into the swing, signed up to follow Dubber, Gerd, and Bob Baker.

But not Ariel because then she'll know I have a crush on her and I don't want things moving too fast. More on Ariel real soon.

Yup this "microblogging" thing could easily become a bit indulgent and unproductive.

But hey. Social networking is like that.

Already thinking about how to sp- "automate"

oh god and now I'm setting up so I can be a twit - I mean "tweet" - from my mobile . . .

here we go . . .

see you on twitter? forgive me!!!!


ps: twitter "does follow" so you get google juice from posting your urls

No comments: