Monday, May 26, 2008

Attack of the innovators

What is going on?

Just trying to have a chilled weekend and not work 12 hours every day and what happens????

I’ve gone and innovated EVERYWHERE.

Whoops. Sorry.

I’m just innovating all over the show. I can’t turn around without innovating some product or service or brand.

I was just casually innovating my business model like I often do, thinking about innovating on my blog, when suddenly I just started innovating spontaneously and decided I might record myself talking about how to become a famous on the internet for an hour or something and sell it for like 99c on itunes.

Just another way I’ll be earning $1 a day for the rest of my life.

Y’know?

You need to innovate. Just as much as you need the next song you write to be the best thing you’ve done, you need to be thinking of new ideas about how you do things, taking your strengths, taking the best and most successful parts of what you do and taking that forward to a unique new position.

Look at possible new ways to minimise areas where you’re skills are not strong, areas that drain your creative and emotional energy because you don’t enjoy them.


I’ve been innovating like crazy.

On one hand I had clients lining up at the door, on the other I was troubled that I wasn’t delivering the best service possible for my current clients.

I was troubled by the Jerry Seinfeld dilemma. Where was my mid range product?

It's not about me, it's about you, if you want to spend $20 on promoting your music, where is my product for that niche?

have you got a product for every niche, the casual fan, the supporter, the wealthy obsessive collector?

Expanding your business operation is not something to take lightly – ladders can turn into snakes if you take your eye off the ball.

So this week we’re going to be talking about innovating and some exciting new developments at Kurb so I can share what I’m doing with more artists at a price that more artists can afford and create even more value.

Stay tuned.

No comments: