Sunday, February 17, 2008

Blogging onwards: once more into the breach of cyberspace

I'm ready to start powerblogging again.
....
I'd gone off blogging actually because there was one major thing. Leads.Like blogging definitely does heaps for the kurb brand and contributes to search etc. but most of the people who pay my bills come from google searches and spampaigns, not so much directly from my blogs.

....
All my blogs are currently a visual and organisational nightmare, but I just kept writing, its all about creating a steady stream of written and now video content, slowly expanding the momentum of your online presence.

....
So although I may have spent more time than it was really worth on blogging there's nothing like blogging to clear out some ideas and get focused.

....
You could easily be talking about whether the cruisy numbers should be before or after the dancy numbers on my CD, or when it's best to tour the South Island to get the ski bunnies and the students.
....

For example I've become really confident about the idea of your website overtaking your CD as your main earner about next year.
....

Blogging often allows you to develop certain streams of thought and ideas. Here's some of the stuff that's all about ready to come up over the next week or so from me, hopefully with some new videos from me to.

....
In introducing the new "digital coaching" concept to replace our "artist packages" I'll be talking about the new direction of our online marketing for bands – accepting I can only work with a limited amount of clients, working with bands that understand that opening revenue streams to a fanbase is a strategy dependent on building a digital asset from a steady stream of content and activity long term.

....
When I'm talking about "digital coaching" I'm saying we all know the future of music is online, there's still very few people other than me offering these services on this side of the world, and not spam, nor cd's nor posters or anything else we offer to carry your message is going to make you famous overnight. We can send the message, it's up to you to make that message more than just a few great songs. I also want to work with more bands in ....Auckland.... so we can start creating value out of video as well as using posters and cd's to develop local campaigns.

....
I'm also putting my money where my mouth is, using my skills to create revenue from my own entertainment services and content – and no, not my DJing which I see strictly as a hobby.

....
I'm seriously preparing to go back to my part time uni job dressing up as a pirate for kids birthdays on the weekend because the money is that good and I realise I now have the marketing skills to do it myself, as well as building a website that could easily generate advertising revenue and sales just like any other performer, and eventually generate quite healthy affiliate income from the sale of toys and kids products, long after I get too old to keep DJing in boozy clubs at 3 in the morning.

....
And finally, I'm bringing the plasticast back!!!

....
Previously the Plasticast – A free giveaway CD featuring local musicians and drawing on new models for finance and distribution – failed to pick up enough financial interest, so now I will be fully funding it myself in order to represent the kind of marketing behaviour that is necessary to create results these days. Traditional down-your-throat advertising is a dead horse. More people are following the words of nice guy uber guru Seth Godin and killing them with kindness.

....
STAY TUNED FOLKS!!!!
I'm off to make some more videos.
Kurb Promo on Youtube
http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vZGF0YWJhc3MuZ2lhbnRyb2JvdC5jby5uei9uZXdfY2xpZW50c19mcmVlX2NvbnN1bHRhdGlvbi5odG0=how digital promotion and social marketing works more indie self promotion articles hub Our "digital coaching" packages for artists Overview of online promotion strategies Real cheap CD/DVD reproduction in NZ poster printing – placement in Auckland / Free delivery in NZ

Cheers and all the best with your work from Kurb

No comments: